Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Writing backlog

The steel that has sliced through your veins pierces deeper,
as the veil covering your wounds grows thicker.

Let the veil slide away my friend,
let the wounds fade this day.

As I witness this dreaded day,
the beauty in your fearing eyes makes me say:
Let the veil slide away my friend,
let the wounds heal this day.

--------------------------------------

Silence - a strangled
telephone has forgotten
to ring.
-------------------------------------

My wandering mind rests in your eyes,
trying in vain to understand.
One brief second, and it goes insane.
The thoughts are lost in all its vastness.
They have no connection and make no sense, but
they are plenty.
Plenty enough to keep me going, through all this madness.

The portal between the mind and eyes
is now but a thin line, as vague as it is unseen.
The mind is unaware of what the eyes convey.
The eyes fail to convey the message in yours.
I wish to tell you that it's me and not you,
but my being fails to comprehend.
All that is said now is nothing.
And again,
I let it be, for there really is nothing to say.

---------------------------------------

This , as the title suggests, is old stuff. Stuff that adorn the pages of my notebooks randomly (mostly written in a slant, I have no idea why). I haven't written much in a while. And I don’t date my work anymore, coz being reminded of how long it’s been since I last wrote is depressing.

I have to make a collection of a kind of writing (poetry, short stories, screenplays, photo essays, anything) for the end of this semester. And I just can't decide which one to pick! Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

nice work :)

Jan said...

Zank u :) Gimme suggestion!

Unknown said...

right now id say poetry, but ill need to see what u can do with other stuff to decide. screenplays and all, the most i can do is pretend to understand and say somethin funny.

Anonymous said...

Poetry Stories!!!

Where enchanting stuff happens.

O

Cuckud said...

do photo essay child.. anywaz u hang out so much wid pranav.. u spend so much time outside.. it shud b convinient..

Sitara said...

u bloody fool!! it may have been work but you should have done poetry. i like the newer one better though.. maybe thats just me.. i love the bit about the strangled telephone *kisses finger tips like the french* why exactly haven't i noticed the writer in you before?