Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It is as it has been.

Everyone around me has a talent, it seems. Apparently, everyone not around me also does.

When people do a lot of things, there is usually that one thing that they do better than the rest of the things they do. A forte, so to speak. I've been trying to find that one thing I'm good at, that one thing that I can call my 'talent'. I haven't found one. Writing is the only thing I can say I'm good at doing. I at least convinced myself,  if not everyone else, that it is.

I can write. I can also go off into strange tangents all the time, but that doesn't count as talent, I think. I've not written any great truths and words don't spill out of me anytime I want them to. But of all the things I've tried to do, writing is the one thing I feel most connected to. And now, people have started making the connection too.

This is it then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm... sounds familiar. ;)

Cuckud said...

You have company.