Thursday, October 01, 2009

Pet joy!

Just a small note to say that tomorrow is Pet Adoption Day at CUPA. If you love animals or want to provide a home to one of them, you must be there between 10am and 5pm. Check out details of the event here.


I'm going to be there to finally pursue my dream of having a pet that's not a goldfish or a stray cat hidden at the back of my garage. I hope to bring home 2 lovely little guinea pigs tomorrow. I've researched on everything about them, thought about where I'll keep them, what I'll call them, made a list of things to buy for them and even started working on home-made toys for them. I haven't been this excited about anything since the time I realised I will never have to touch a math text again! Eep!

4 comments:

J. S. Clawson said...

Were you able to adopt any guineau pigs? If so, what are their names and will there be any pics for us to see? :0)

Jan said...

No, they ran out of guinea pigs by te time I got there =<

I've registered with the animal shelter though and they'll give me a call as soon as some guinea pigs are available for adoption :)

Eitherway, I'll get some very soon and you will see their pictures! :)

J. S. Clawson said...

We had a guinea pig once and it had a true personality. His name was Squeak and he loved to talk to you and be feed (of course). It was very sad when he passed away. We buried him in a special place between two pine trees with his favorite toy. I don't think we will find another pig like Squeak again........... :0)

Cuckud said...

can't wait to see ur guinea pigs when u have them.. ur post sounded damn cute.. :)