Thursday, October 01, 2009

Yippity woop!

Hello all. I've been doing a lot of general reading and watching of movies lately. I suppose unemployment isn't as annoying when the weather is such. All the rain is lovely and all that, but it's beginning to get on my nerves.

Anyway, One of my poems is in the current issue of Fogged Clarity. I woke up on the 30th of September to an email from Ben Evans, stating that the October 2009 issue of Fogged Clarity is out. October came a little too early for those guys. YAYS! Poor Ben had nothing to put in the biography bit, but it looks great anyway. I'm totally kicked about it.

Although this morning I did wake up to a rejection from one of the magazines I had sent in submissions to. They loved my work, but didn't want to publish it because they consider stuff put up on blogs/Deviantart/other personal websites too as being previously published. I was disappointed. I mean, most of these magazines do mention that original rights to the work remains with the author. But I guess that's just how they work. So now if something I write is print-worthy, you may not see it till it's on some respectable magazine. I suppose. I still don't know how I feel about this.

2 comments:

J. S. Clawson said...

Its great to see your poem on Fogged Clarity. I don't like the idea of your last submission being rejected because it was on a personal blog unless they can prove that your blog has a very high reader rate.

Alot of poets put their poems on their personal blogs, where else would they go?

Congrats though on what you have accomplished so far! Keep the spirit up!

Jan said...

Thank you :)