Wednesday, June 01, 2011

The one about the job.

I love this time of the year, when the air feels like silk over your skin at the start and end of every day. It makes me want to dance to no music. Life had turned brown for so long in between. But right now, every day is new.

So to celebrate, I'm going to eat cake and make a list. Cake makes everything nice. Yesterday, a colleague was leaving our company after 3.8 years. She seems fairly well-liked in the circles (I've only been here for 2 months). Everyone gathered, made speeches and stared at each other for a while, waiting for someone to fold. But nothing that enthralling happened, so I wanted cake.


The new job looks more promising than anything I've done so far, career-wise. My learning so far:

  1. I really should be working right now. But the times when I shirk away from work in my first surprisingly pleasant corporate experience, seems to the best times to blog. Nothing seems more inspiring at this point.
  2. I just read a mail at work, which referred to Nandini Layout as one of Bangalore's largest slums! I'm highly disturbed by this declaration, and am tempted to send the Corporate Communications department a hearty stinker, complete with disturbing emoticons.
  3. Perfectly sensible, grown up people can have the strangest phobias.
  4. I have the weirdest office etiquette problems. How do you say 'no' to someone that expects you to accompany them every time they have to pee?
  5. I'm not irresponsible to an extent that it is unacceptable. I can really work hard, when I want to. And most of the time, I want to work hard.
  6. I'm pretty lucky, sometimes.
  7. I'm presently convinced that I'm not likely to die a poor, lonely, embittered old lady who lives with a parrot with a charming disposition.

Upbeat and active again. Ah, I could get used to this!

4 comments:

Shashidhar a.k.a. Sir Floydus said...

But you're getting the Parrot right ? I like this parrot already.

Ramses said...

:)

Jan said...

Oh Lord, Ramses. How did you find this!

Ramses said...

You leave trails.. on FB!